Monday, January 18, 2010

Bear Lake Cisco Run-- Update on Ice Conditions


-- Report and Photos from Scott Tolentino

I went to Bear Lake today with my girls to dip some cisco. We got a late start and didn't get there until about 10:00 AM, but we did manage to get about 20. We didn't see any fish after noon, and left at about 12:30.

There was ice at Cisco Beach, but it wasn't great. It was anywhere from 2 - 4 inches depending on where you were standing. I personally would not have gone out on it any further than the hole that I cut because it wasn't good ice, it was just pieces that had frozen together.

By the time we left, there was water on top of most of the ice, it was warm, and the wind was blowing. Those aren't great conditions for ice, so I hope it lasts for those of you who want to get over there. A good chunk of the lake was frozen, but there is a good amount of open water too. It will be interesting to see what this storm does.


No comments:

Post a Comment